a visit to...art in action




art in action...


Last Summer we took Evie and Gabriel to Art In Action
 at Waterperry Gardens, near Thame in Oxfordshire. 
They had a ball, taking a one hour pottery class at the wheel,
 watching glassblowing, painting, drawing and even wood turning.
 We spent the entire weekend at this annual event,
 which hosts over 400 of the UK's most talented
 artists in every field of art and craft. 

For those of you who are able to make it there as the gates open,
 you have the opportunity to purchase tickets for daily workshops,
 ranging from watercolour painting, batik,
 oils, pot throwing, bookbinding, drawing....
 If you miss out on these paid tutorials, don't worry,
 there are plenty of free sessions to take part in too. 

Last year I spent a fantastic hour at the Pebeo stand
 with talented artist Jenny Muncaster showing us how to work with acrylics.
 This was a first for me and I absolutely loved it,
 so I'm really looking forward to meeting Jenny again
 and trying something new.

I can't recommend Art In Action enough-
it starts this Thursday 18th July and runs through to Sunday 21st July,
 so if you have the opportunity to go-do!

A selection of ceramics I photographed last year


Watch potters at work


Stunning ceramic displays for sale

Evie and Gabriel tried their hand at clay making!




Comments

  1. Oh how fabulous and such a great thing to introduce the children to. Potting is such a noble art. Do you do any art Caroline? I could imagine you doing some... Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly the one thing I would go right now and take a flight back from Sao Paulo straight to London...don't tempt me...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts