Vintage Gems




Pastry cutters...


Today I fell in love...
with an unassuming tin on the shelf in the charity shop.
 Only this morning, the family of an old lady
 dropped in her possessions. 

We spend our entire lives
 collecting, upgrading, improving.
 How sad to see so many wonderful and
 well loved simple, everyday objects end up in  a cardboard box.
 I will give some of them a good home for her and
 photograph them for everyone to enjoy...


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, terranium, plants in a box, spring bulbs


caroline davis stylist, trend daily blog, styling details, kitchenalia, vintage

Comments

  1. I just threw a bunch of things out yesterday. it's been de-cluttering and getting rid of things for me for years now. as much as I love these old things it's just getting too much. great pictures, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petra. I am having a serious attack of over cluttering at the moment. The house looks like a jumble sale ;-)

      Delete
  2. She'd be so pleased that they've found a lovely home Carolyn:) Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding old preloved stuff, I kinda like the melancholy of it and the fact that it now gets used and a new home - lovely possessions Caroline, she'll be happy they're now yours :))
    Happy weekend,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie- have a great week my lovely x

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful! Can I pin a few images? I love collections like this and you are so right about things ending up in boxes, we have my parents-in-laws' life in boxes in our garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah-thanks so much! Yes of course-very sweet of you to ask. We still have a pile of boxes from my Dad to go through too-thank god for lofts, cellars and garages!! ;-)

      Delete
  5. I like to occasionally rummage in a charity shop. Then again, I do give a lot to charity shops too - my weekly declutter. Interesting how something as simple as old pastry cutters can be brought to life in your styling shots - love image 1 & 4. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Geraldine- no matter how hard I try, we always have too much stuff!! Thank you lovely x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts